- Set up your “studying” area (no one studies well in the middle of the kitchen with everyone running around, or sitting on your bed or in an area you’re used to relaxing in) Get a clear, quiet space and ask others to respect your studying time
- No phone zone – turn off your phone or put it away during your study time. Doesn’t mean you have to stay off Snapchat all night! Just give yourself an allotted time to really focus, then dive into scrolling through your phone
- Don’t study hungry…really.
- Prioritize your finals week. What is your hardest test? What are the tests you’ll take first? Tackle the tough stuff first. What are the key components of the test? Don’t go crazy trying to master it all. Master what you need.
- Take breaks between subjects. Just take breaks in general. Mental breaks are SO important.
- Don’t pull an all-nighter before your exams. Cramming an extra two hours between 2:00 a.m. – 4:00 a.m. won’t help your game. You’ll be so sleep deprived you won’t remember!
- Be confident. A HUGE percentage of your success on exams is purely mental. Set the bar higher for yourself and reach it!
Published by Casey Barneson
Author of The College Wellness Guide. Beverly Hills High School College Counselor.
View more posts